People used to only visit their doctor when they were really ill or near death a generation ago. Preventative healthcare is becoming more and more widespread as people get more knowledge and control over their own health. Individuals are proactively looking for medical guidance on leading healthy lifestyles. By keeping a healthy diet, weight, and level of physical exercise, they hope to reduce their chance of developing a number of ailments or diseases.
– Many physical and mental examinations are part of routine medical checkups, which ensure that both your body and mind are healthy. This is why these exams are called whole body checks: you are practically examined from head to toe throughout them. This is done in order to identify any diseases quickly and provide you with the appropriate therapy.
– The detection of disorders linked to stress can be aided by routine medical exams. Everyone is experiencing increased amounts of stress as a result of modern life, which might lead to illnesses and disorders that are linked to stress and can appear physically or even mentally. A routine full-body exam will enable your doctor to identify such problems and will also offer you the chance to talk about your stress so you can receive the care you require.
– Yearly medical checkups can help to identify blood test results
Most people know the symptoms of common diseases such as cold or a fever since these usually have physical symptoms. While this may suffice for smaller diseases, you may be suffering from something worse which can get worse without going for a checkup.
– Periodic medical checkups will make you more aware of your health
Many people take their health for granted, and most of us rarely visit a hospital or a doctor until we are actually sick and need treatment. This also makes us more likely to make poorer decisions regarding our health, especially when it comes to exercise and the food we eat.
– Annual medical checkups can lower medical expenses. Not to mention the time factor: becoming sick might force you to miss time from work or school, which can upset your entire schedule. Regular medical checkups help to maintain your health and reduce the likelihood that you may be absent from work or require hospital admission.
Dr. Barbara Karin Vela recommends that patients get regular check-ups to help stay on top of their health, highlighting the importance of prevention, as a means to reduce the number of patients requiring medical treatment or surgery. Take charge of your health and schedule an appointment. Dr. Barbara Karin Vela offers a wide variety of services for exceptional treatment and care for you and your family.
Contact Dr. Barbara Karin Vela today to schedule an appointment.